Monday, March 11, 2013

Nights 68 and 69

Hi and welcome back!

Yesterday my dad and I didn't hike in the morning, and because of the nice weather I went on a hike with my mom and Maisy. My time up was 11:45.  On the hike, we saw these little white puffs floating in the air.  My mom said it might be milkweed, and we were able to track it down.  She was right!

The Milkweed I Found with Mom
I went a little ahead of my mom once we got to the hill, and she passed me when I was on the top. She was going to keep hiking along the ridge, so I decided to descend alone.  I thought that I heard Maisy barking, but I wasn't certain so I didn't turn around. I later found out that she was barking at a white tailed deer.  Mom recorded audio of her, but we weren't able to upload it.

I went for a second hike with my little brother and my dad late yesterday afternoon.  When we were going up, I thought I was just ahead of them, but once I got to the top I noticed that they were nowhere on the trail.  When I came down, I saw them across the field at the pond.  My time up on my second hike was 9:50.

Last night I slept in the 40 degree bag.  I was hot at first, but I woke up when it was still dark out and I was freezing.  Unfortunately, I didn't have any other sleeping bags with me, because my dad wasn't coming out to sleep in the tent, and it wasn't supposed to get any colder than 35.  I ended up lying awake for about 15 minutes because of the cold before my dad came out to wake me up at 6:30.

Thanks for reading!


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello lrc! This is your mother. For the record, you were NOT ahead of Maisy and me during our hike. You chose to take a shortcut through the woods instead of staying on the trail. That's why you got to the top of the hill before us.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete