Saturday, March 9, 2013

Night 67

Hi and welcome back!

The answer to yesterday's trivia question is Alaska!  The peak's name is Mount McKinley, also known as Mount Denali.  Its height is 20,320' above sea level.  It was named after President William McKinley, and it was known as Denali "The High One" by the Athabaskans.

Mount McKinley (Denali)

Last night, expecting wind again, I wore a down jacket to bed instead of a fleece.  And instead of a hat I wore a balaclava, because on Thursday night my hat kept falling off, which made me cold.  There was no wind when I went out, and through the night there was no more than a light breeze, so I slept without any interruptions until 5:30 this morning.

Today I actually got to the top of the hill before dad did (12:15 was my time, and 12:40 was his).  It actually took us less time to walk up than it did to walk down.  I think it was because we were talking the whole way down.

I didn't post earlier today because I was with my friend T.S. and his neighbor, climbing in the woods near their houses. It was a lot of fun, but it was also very tiring.  We spent at least two hours in the woods, and I'm exhausted.

I can't forget to tell my sister E.M.C congratulations.  At the state gymnastics championships today she won the uneven bars and got fourth all-around!

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment