Monday, March 4, 2013

Night 62

Hi and welcome back!

Before I forget, welcome to the new readers from Mozambique, Italy, and Portugal!

Overnight last night it was around 20 degrees. When I went out to the tent it was windy, and that wind kept up all night. At around 2:00 in the morning my dad came out with a sleeping bag and said that we should zip the two 20 degree bags together.  We did, even though I thought we would be hot in them, but when we I woke up I was warm but not overheated.

My dad and I went for an extra early hike at 5:30 this morning. When we left it was 25 degrees ambient temperature with 15 mile per hour winds that dropped the windchill to 13 degrees. Our time up today was about 13 minutes, which is definitely not our best.

Today when I got home from school I saw that the tent had somehow come unstaked and been blown over 150 feet across the yard! Since spring is coming I decided this was a perfect opportunity to put the 3-season tent back up.

Because this year is the 60th anniversary of the first ascent of Mount Everest, I decided to have a trivia question about it. What was the name of the Sherpa that summited with Edmund Hillary?

Edmund Hillary (right, before he was SIR Edmund) and _____ in 1953
Thanks for reading!


3 comments:

  1. L.R.C.- you are amazing! Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question but just wanted to tell you how cool we think you are :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to look it up. It was Tenzing Norgay. - Dan Reno

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting!
      Check out Night 63's post to see if your answer is right.

      LRC

      Delete