Saturday, March 23, 2013

Night 81

Hi and welcome back!

Mt. Vinson in Antarctica
The answer to yesterday's trivia question is Antarctica! Mt. Vinson was first climbed in 1966, it is in the Sentinel Range, and it is named after U.S. Congressman Carl Vinson. It is also one of the Seven Summits, which are the highest mountains on each of the continents. So far I've mentioned two of the other summits in my trivia questions (Mt. Everest and Mt. Denali). The other four will appear in trivia questions over the next few weeks.

We're still expecting a storm here starting tomorrow night. My mom told me a long time ago that she would sleep out around her birthday, which is Tuesday, and she thinks she will probably do it Sunday or Monday night, which will be in the middle of the storm.  We'll see if she does.

This afternoon I went for a hike with Maisy.  A nearby church was having an Easter bazaar, and I saw someone dressed as the Easter Bunny exiting the church and walking up a hill near the pond.  Maisy started barking at it, but thankfully I don't think the person heard.

When dad and I hiked again this evening, there were a few minutes when Maisy wasn't listening and she was chasing a rabbit (a real one) in the woods.  This time, though, she came back after a minute, so we didn't have to go get her.  We had a pretty good time up to the top of the hill (12:15).

When we got back from the hike, I decided to take the fly off the tent, because it was a clear evening, and I wanted to look at the stars a little bit.  Also because I'll definitely be cooped up in the tent with the fly zipped tight the next few nights when it's snowing.

Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment