Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Nights 90 and 91

Hi and welcome back!

Maisy slept outside once again on Sunday night. Instead of sleeping in my sleeping bag and keeping me up while she chewed her bone she slept on top of the extra bag that I had at the foot of the tent, which she turned into a little bed.

Green Grass at the Pond
Yesterday my little brother hiked with my dad and me in the afternoon. We went around the field to the pond instead of going all of the way up. J-- carried my hiking stick to the pond, where he dropped it in the water, but thankfully my dad was able to fish it out with his stick.

This morning my dad's alarm didn't wake him up, so he never woke me up to hike.  We hiked about 5:30, and we hiked separately because he needed to take my brother to soccer practice. He left about ten minutes before me to just go around the field, while I went all of the way up the hill.

Halfway up the hill Maisy (who had been hiking with my dad) ran up to me and followed me the rest of the way up the hill. I had an especially good time of 10:53.

Thanks for reading!


1 comment:

  1. Dear LRC,
    The sound of those tree frogs was amazing! I'm embarrassed to say, but I only encountered them in Bermuda and Aruba. I actually thought they were unique to those two places, since we would hear them every evening. And believe me, they are LOUD!
    JC

    ReplyDelete