Thursday, April 4, 2013

Nights 92 and 93

Hi and welcome back!

On Tuesday night, when it was about 30 degrees, my dad slept out with me, which he hasn’t done in quite a while.  When he came out I refused to give him the 20 degree sleeping bag that I was in (he usually hogs it), so he ended up in the only other bag we had out with us which was rated to 40 degrees.  He complained. A lot.

The Capitol from the Mall
Yesterday when my dad and I hiked at 5:50 in the morning it was about 5 degrees colder than it had been at midnight when he came out. Neither my dad nor I can remember exactly what our time was except that it was under 12:30.

Last night Maisy slept out yet again. She started out on the bed that she made but ended up in my sleeping bag with me. At about 2:00 I woke up and noticed my one sock was off and I couldn’t find it. My foot started to feel as if it had some frostnip on it but thankfully Maisy started licking it which made it feel much better. 

My dad and I had to wake up at 4:45 today so we could go down to Washington D.C. with his co-author. Unfortunately we did not have time to hike before leaving, and we were going to get home very late so we had to hike in D.C. We walked around for about 30 minutes checking out the outside of the Capitol building and some of the monuments before getting lunch.

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment