Monday, April 15, 2013

Nights 103 and 104


Hi and welcome back!


Mount Elbrus
The answer to the trivia question is Mount Elbrus.  It is a volcano located in the Caucasus Mountains, and it is 18,510' tall.

On Saturday evening it took me about 16 minutes to get my gear up to the top of the hill, which was pretty good, because my pack weighed around 25 pounds. Maisy had run away earlier in the day when she was hiking with my mom, but soon after I had the tent set up, she came running up to me.  I don't know how she knew I was there.
Hiking out Sunday Morning

Overnight it was in the high 40s. I fell asleep on my own without any problems, and my dad came up at about midnight to join me.  He woke me up and told me that my tent was on its side. I wondered how that could be until I remembered that I had not staked the tent down. My dad and I turned the tent right side up, and he got in to go to sleep.
Mom is Strange
When we woke up the tent was on its side yet again but instead of turning it we just took it down. We were able to pack up everything in a record breaking five minutes!

Yesterday I hiked with my mom instead of my dad. We had an O.K. time up of about 11:15. When we were on the top I noticed some gum in the shape of an L on the tree that marks the top. My mom then told me that it had been there for about a week. She also told me that she had put it there and was waiting to see how long it would take me to notice.

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment