Thursday, February 28, 2013

Nights 57 and 58

Hi and welcome back!

On Tuesday night when I went to bed, in the middle of my sleeping bag there was a small damp spot that was probably from water coming through the seam in the tent floor so I tried to avoid it. I woke up in the middle of the night and the spot had grown and gotten the fleece that I was sleeping in soaked. So I took it off, put a t-shirt on, and put a waterproof jacket over what at that point was a tiny puddle. Thankfully I slept comfortably for the rest of the night.

Today my dad left to hike about 3 minutes before me and I didn't see him again until he was descending and I was going up. When we bumped into each other he told me that he got up in a record time of 9 minutes and 38 seconds. He then decided to go up the last bit with me and I ended up having a pretty good time of 13 minutes.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Dear LRC,

    Let me ask you something that you might find terribly obvious but which may not be to your readers: Why do you hike every morning?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting!
      I hike every morning mainly to train for a hike/climb that my dad and I are going to do on Mt. Washington next winter. I also hike because my dad has hiked every day for the last 15 years.

      Delete