Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Night 50!

Early Morning in the Woods
Hi and welcome back!

Last night when I went out to the tent I put my jacket in a gear loft directly above my pillow. After I unzipped the gear loft I saw a stream of water running down onto my pillow and sleeping bag.

All night I tried to avoid the dripping water, but eventually my pillow and 20 degree bag got so wet that I was forced to move to the -20 degree sleeping bag. When my dad came out and woke me up to hike I saw that the sleeping bag and pillow that I wasn't using were frozen.

After that I stood up to get my pants on and I hit my head on the roof of the tent, which had about an inch of ice on the outside.

My dad and I didn't have our best time today, mainly because of the snow that we got yesterday.  It sounded almost like styrofoam under our feet, because it was so cold overnight (well below freezing).  Even though it was only about an inch, it was hard to walk because there was ice, too.

Tonight is kind of short, and I won't be able to post tomorrow (it's ski night again), but I'll have an epic post on Friday!

Thanks for reading!
L.R.C.



1 comment:

  1. I think it's awesome what you are doing. Keep with it

    ReplyDelete