Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Night 35

Hi and welcome back!

Last night my dad was supposed to come out to the tent, but he didn't! I woke up at about 2:00 a.m. and I was wondering where the heck dad was. His response to why he didn't come out to the tent surprised me, because he didn't even attempt to make up any excuse!

Out in the tent last night it was about 20 degrees. Even though it wasn't too cold out, I was shivering in my sleep. That was probably because I had unzipped sleeping bags above and below me, so there was a large draft.

When I hiked today I tried out the new Black Diamond trekking poles that I recently purchased at our local R.E.I. garage sale. Considering how light and thin the trekking poles are, I was surprised by how tough they were.  I've wanted trekking poles for awhile (dad and I usually use hiking sticks that we made), but these were a great deal, so I talked dad into buying them.  They're great!




On our hike today my dad and I recorded some woodpeckers and took pictures of some of their holes.  It was amazing how many holes we saw after we started looking for them. Unfortunately, the file that we recorded wouldn't upload.

If you like my blog you will probably like this blog by Ron Rabenold. He had a nice post about my blog the other day, and I noticed that that a lot of people who view his blog also visited mine.  Thanks, Ron!

Thanks for reading everybody!

1 comment:

  1. Good morning LRC! You sure are an inspiration! There's such a difference between deciding to do something, like so many do, and actually doing it, as you are! Good job!

    ReplyDelete