Saturday, June 1, 2013

Nights 149 and 150!

Hi and welcome back!

I want to welcome the visitors from Montenegro.  Even though I don't know where that is.

On Thursday night my mom tried to sleep outside again. She brought Maisy with her, but because she was so crazy (the dog, not mom), and because her allergies were bothering her, she didn't stay out for more than 15 minutes.

It's been hot here the last few days.  At night it's usually very warm until about 9:30, but after that it's fine, and sometimes it gets pretty chilly over night or very early in the morning. Depending on what time I go out, I've been either sleeping in the liner or with the 40 degree bag unzipped and laid over top of me.

I'm about to head out for a hike by myself in the dark to look for Maisy. She ran away when she hiked with my dad about two hours ago and she's still not home. I think she smelled a rabbit and wandered off. She doesn't go far when she runs away, but we worry about her getting sprayed by a skunk or fighting with a porcupine or something, so I need to go look for her.

Thanks for reading!


3 comments:

  1. Hi LRC,

    It's Mom again. Sorry my sneezing prevented me from staying out in the tent on Thursday. You know I'm always with you in spirit!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey LRC. Maybe you should get Maisy one of those radio tracking collars. They are really cheap these days. My old hound Jen used to love wondering about by herself. She loved chasing hares( like Jack rabbits), but shes really old now and only chases them in her sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete