Friday, June 28, 2013

Nights 175 and 176

Hi and welcome back!

Welcome to the new reader from Cape Verde and the people who have been reading in Portugal!

Aron Ralston
I've been reading a book called Between A Rock And A Hard Place by Aron Ralston.  If you don't know his story, he was hiking alone in a canyon in Utah a few years ago, and his arm got pinned between a boulder and the canyon wall.  After almost six days he amputated his own arm and then hiked out of the canyon.  It's a really incredible story, and the book is very good.

On Tuesday night while I was reading, I noticed that there was a mosquito flying over my head, so I got out of my sleeping bag and tried to catch it. It was hard, but I did manage to catch it and throw it out of the tent.

I think I told you that I got my first road bike a week ago, and I've been riding it a lot.  I should reach 50 miles so far on Friday.  And don't forget that the Tour de France starts on Saturday, if you like that kind of thing.


Yesterday when my mom and I were riding we saw over a dozen rabbits. We also saw a skeleton from a deer carcas that we saw every bike ride last year.

On Wednesday night I bivouacked in the yard. Around 3 a.m. I woke up freezing, since I was just in my sleeping bag liner. I tried to warm up, but I couldn't, so I went into the tent. I had my 40 degree bag in it, and after that I was warm.

Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment