Friday, June 7, 2013

Nights 155 and 156

Hi and welcome back!

I would like to welcome the viewer from Thailand!

Yesterday around 2:00 it started to rain.  It wasn't heavy, but it kept up for more than a day. When Maisy and I hiked it had been raining for a while, so all of the grass in the field got me soaked up to my waist.

Snapping Turtle (from Wikipedia)
As we were passing the pond I noticed a rock near the edge that I had never seen before, so I went over to look at it. When we were about 10 feet away from it, Maisy started to bark at it. That's when I realized that it was a turtle. When Maisy went up to it, it tried to bite her on the snout, which told me that it was a snapping turtle! Right after that we practically ran home.

All last night it was raining. A small puddle formed on the top of the tent. Overnight as it grew it started to drip down into the tent. Thankfully the only thing that it dripped on was my pillow. But unfortunately my copy of Eiger Dreams by Jon Krakauer was ruined by the rain.


Tonight dad and I hiked around the field as the rain was ending.  We went back to the pond to see if the turtle was still there, but it was gone.

Thanks for reading!





1 comment:

  1. Good job at the awards ceremony yesterday, LRC! It's hard to believe you only have one more day of elementary school. We are very proud of both your indoor and outdoor accomplishments!

    Love,
    Mom, Dad, EMC, and JAC

    ReplyDelete