Sunday, June 23, 2013

Night 171 - The Great American Backyard Campout

Our Campsite
Hi and welcome back!


Last night my friends G.S., C.S., I.W., T.S. and T.S. camped out with me. The first thing that we (T.S., G.S and I) did was light a fire that we all roasted hot dogs on.

After that we all went on a hike. At one point early on in the hike C.S. disappeared. Right after that he jumped out of some tall grass and tried to scare us. Then I.W. kept trying to catch fireflies. I think he ended up only catching one or two.

Once we got back we lit another campfire, roasted marshmallows, and talked around it. After my dad went inside to bed we all tried to light a marshmallow on fire with my magnesium fire starter, but that ended unsuccessfully.

Heading out for a hike
The fire


Right after that we went to our tents. Only T.S. fell asleep easily. The rest of us had to listen to C.S. sing until 12:30.This morning C.S and I.W. started climbing the tallest tree in our yard. The tree is at least 60 feet tall. I.W. went at least 3/4 of the way up and C.S. made it all of the way up. On his way down a branch that he was on snapped in half. Thankfully he was holding onto a different branch with both hands, so he didn't fall. After that nobody else came close to falling.


Making Fire Sunday Morning
If you slept out last night, tell me all about it.  Did you have fun?  Did you get rained on?  Did you see the supermoon? (I have to thank the older T.S. for telling us all about the moon last night.)


Thanks for reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment