Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Nights 165 and 166

Hi and welcome back!

First I would like to welcome to the visitors from Chile and Sweden!


Yesterday the Huffington Post had the article my dad's colleague K.P. wrote after he came to our house to interview me. It is currently on the front page of their ''Green'' section.


This has been my first full week of summer vacation so I have been riding my bike a lot more. A couple of times I have ridden up the hill, but daily my mom and I do a loop that we call Twin Hills. It is a ride that usually takes us about 25 minutes. We  call it Twin Hills because one road that we ride on goes over 2 steep hills that are side by side.


The other day while my dad and I were hiking on the Appalachian Trail my mom took this picture of  2 deer that were behind my tent. She said Maisy went crazy trying to get out at them.  It was taken through a screen, so it's not really clear, but you can definitely see them!




Yesterday our neighbor told my dad that he had seen a black bear up on the hill and that we should watch out.


Thanks for reading!



2 comments:

  1. Here's the link to the article about you LRC! http://www.huffingtonpost.com/keith-peterman/fosters-environmental-identity_b_3453287.html

    Very very cool. I bet there are a bunch of kids your age who's parents will read about you and maybe rethink the amount of time spent indoors versus out.

    Hows the weather at night? Bundling up for winter is one thing, but when summer really kicks into high gear are you thinking of bivouacing every night?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great experience for you, LRC, it just may shape the rest of you life somehow. Good work, keep it up and I envy you!

    ReplyDelete