Monday, June 3, 2013

Nights 151 and 152

Ready for the 22n
Hi and welcome back!

First, I would like to welcome the visitors from Morocco and Finland!

My dad's colleague has 2 year old grandson who already has his tent set up for June 22. Here's a picture of him, taken in his backyard in Salt Lake City, Utah.  I can't wait to hear how you do sleeping out in a few weeks!

On Saturday night, when I was about to go looking for Maisy, she ran into me while I was still in our yard. I was surprised because after that she stayed within 10 feet of me during our whole hike.

Yesterday during our hike my dad and I noticed that the puddles had shrunk so much that there no more than a dozen and a half tadpoles still alive.

Last night at about 11:00 I was woken up by a sound that was coming from near the pond. I realized that it was a turkey gobbling down in the hollow behind the pond.
T-Shirt from The Muir Project

Today my mom, Maisy, and I hiked all of the way up. We had a really good time up of about 11:30. 

I've been meaning to tell you that my friends at The Muir Project sent me an awesome t-shirt. Here's a picture.  The letters JMT (John Muir Trail) are made up of a bunch of locations on the trail. Thanks guys!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment