Thursday, August 1, 2013

Nights 210 and 211

Hi and welcome back!

I'm sorry that I didn't post on Tuesday, but I went to the Philadelphia Union vs. Stoke City soccer game with 
my dad, my friend C-man, and his dad, and we didn't get home until 11:30.


The other night it started to rain about an hour after I fell asleep. At first it wasn't too bad, but then it started to pour. Eventually it was raining so hard that the west wall of the tent was caving in. I tried leaning against it, but it still collapsed. I hate to admit it but after that I went inside for about two minutes to get the tent pole that goes between the other poles to give the tent more structure.


When I came in my mom was watching the weather channel, and she showed me the forecast to try to convince me to stay inside.  I had to go back outside, though. Thankfully once I put the extra pole in the tent it stopped it from caving in.  There was some water in the tent already, but that's not a big deal.

On Tuesday morning, when my mom and I were riding our bikes at one point I saw a large bird down the road. After it started flying I realized it was blue heron. I pointed it out, but she didn't see it until it was just barely in sight.

Thanks for reading!



4 comments:

  1. You went inside to get the additional pole? No worries! If you were out in the wilderness and you had that pole, you would have just gone into your bag to get it. You didn't go inside and sleep for the night - you just went to where your supplies were located - no shame in that! :) Way to go and stick to your guns LRC! Persistence is a great quality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, Michelle! I'm glad you're still reading, and I'm glad you don't think I'm a cheater!

      Delete
  2. Hi LRC!

    I've been reading your posts and think it is great that you have set a goal are have been sticking to it. Most kids would have given up as soon as it got cold or wet. Going in to get a pole is nothing to worry about. If you were an adult and had the pole in the trunk of your car, you would have gone to get it. Keep up the blogs. I enjoy reading them. You are doing a great job sticking to your goal! I love your appreciation of nature and that you share that with your friends.

    KMS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for commenting! The nights that it's cold or wet are the interesting ones! Those are the nights I really want to stay out so I can see how I handle the situation.

    ReplyDelete