Saturday, August 3, 2013

Nights 212 -214

Fawns
Hi and welcome back!

When my mom and I were riding our bikes on Wednesday morning we saw a fawn about 50 feet off the road. We stopped to take some pictures, and then a second one appeared!  They stood there and looked at us f
or about 45 seconds, then we got on our bikes and left.


About 20 minutes after we saw the fawns, it started to rain. We were still more than a mile from home, which was bad. We were both on our road bikes, which have thin, smooth tires, so they're easy to crash on wet roads.  The rain stopped just a minute or two later, but when we were about a quarter of a mile from home it started to pour, so my mom and I sprinted home.


Dead Snapping Turtle
On Thursday morning,when we were riding over a small bridge I saw a turtle on the railing.  We stopped and turned around, and then we saw it was actually just a turtle shell that had been smashed. We assumed it had been hit by car and and then carried off the road.

Thursday evening my dad and I went all the way up the hill. Since I am training for Royal Arches in less than two months, I decided to put 13 pounds in my pack. We had to bushwhack through the corn to get to the woods, so I assumed that we would be kind of slow, but we finished with a phenomenal time of 12:59 seconds!


Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment