Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Nights 237 and 238

Hi and welcome back!

Coyote (not my picture)
This morning when I woke up, I heard coyotes howling up on the hill.  It sounded like they were to the west of where we top out on the hill, and there were at least five or six howling at the same time.  They kept it up for several minutes, and then abruptly stopped.

Maisy ran away this afternoon, and when we told my mom, she was afraid the coyotes would attack her.  When we went for our hike this evening (my dad, J.A.C., E.M.C. and I), Maisy came running up when we were at the edge of our yard.  That made my mom happy, because she knew she was safe.

It's been warm the last few days, but overnight the temperature drops enough to be comfortable.  In fact, the nights are relatively chilly for this time of year.

Dad and I talked to Mark Smiley yesterday. He's in Jackson Hole, Wyoming right now.  He said the fires in Yosemite are almost two hours by car from Royal Arches, so it shouldn't affect the climb in four weeks.

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment