Friday, May 17, 2013

Nights 133 and 134

Hi and welcome back!

Wednesday morning just Maisy and I hiked. I just had a short sleeve shirt and as soon as I started hiking I was freezing because I didn't realize how cold out it was, since I was in a warm sleeping bag overnight.

Thursday morning I woke up cold around 3:00 a.m., but the only other bag that I had with me was the newer 20 degree one that would definitely be overkill, so I just toughed it out for the next 3 hours.

While we were hiking Thursday, a groundhog that was about 2 feet long ran right in front of Maisy and me. Maisy almost dislocated my shoulder because of how hard she pulled on her leash while the groundhog was running. Luckily I was able to hang on to her.

Thanks for reading!


2 comments:

  1. If Maisy is food motivated, you might consider taking treats on your hike and training her to come when called, "leave it" etc so that she can romp around but without the concern of her disappearing for several hours.

    For the in between nights, we usually keep a blanket or even a beach towel in the tent and if I'm cold, just that small extra layer on top of the bag is just enough to warm me up that one or two extra degrees I need for comfort.

    At some point it'll turn in to an actual summer with hot nights, think you'll be bivouac-ing it more then?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! I actually just bought a sleeping bag liner and light bivy sack tonight at REI. I'll tell you more in my post. I do plan to do more bivouacking this summer after school is out.

      Delete