Monday, September 2, 2013

Nights 243 and 244

Hi and welcome back!

Around 4:30 this morning I was woken up by some thunder and lightning.  I tried to fall back asleep, but I couldn't, because it was so loud and bright.  After about 10 minutes, it started to rain lightly.  Over a few minutes, though, it evolved until it was pouring.

The rain continued for about 20 minutes, but after it stopped the thunder and lightning got very bad.

I got a little scared, because first there was lightning that seemed very close judging from how bright it was.  By counting between the lightning and thunder I figured out that it was within three quarters of a mile.  Eventually it started to move east, so the lightning wasn't as bright, and the thunder was quieter.

I stayed completely dry thgough all of it, which surprised me after all the rain. This afternoon it rained again, and when I checked the tent I noticed a good sized puddle on the top of the fly.  When I went inside to push on the fly and dump the puddle, I saw that under the RidgeRest was some water.

Tomorrow is the first day of school, so dad and I are going to try to start going all the way up the hill in the mornings like we used to.  Also, I'm going to start posting earlier in the day.


Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment