Sunday, September 8, 2013

Nights 247 and 248

Black Bear and Cubs (not my picture)
Hi and welcome back!

The other night my mom was coming home from tennis, and she saw two black bears on the edge of a field. The spot where she saw them is only about two minutes from our house, so when she got home we got in the car and drove back to look for them.

We passed the field, but we didn't see anything.  We did notice a dirt road that led around behind the field, so we drove back for a look.  There wasn't anything there, though.

Going all the way up the hill in the summer means there are a LOT of spiderwebs across the trail.  My dad always goes ahead of me, so he usually gets all the spiderwebs, and he said most of them are at face level.  We've had as many as 12 in one hike, but I would say we average about nine.  We try to avoid the ones that we see, but if it's dark we wind up walking into a lot of them.

Thursday night was the lowest overnight temperature since May!  At the coldest point it was 42 degrees, which for this time of year is really cold.  Six months ago, though, I would have called that an extremely warm night.

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment