Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Nights 251 and 252


Hi and welcome back!

On Tuesday morning dad and I hiked about ten minutes earlier than usual. You would be surprised by how much difference in light there can be in just ten minutes.  When we got into the woods we couldn't see anything, but after a few minutes our eyes adjusted to the darkness, and we could see a tiny bit.

We were able to manage for awhile, until we got to the turn toward the top of the hill.  My dad said that we had
passed it, so we went back.  I used my trekking pole to tap the edge of the trail and look for the small clearing that would be the turn.  It turned out we actually hadn't passed it.  It was really intesting trying to hike when it was completely dark!



La Sportiva Solution
A couple of weeks ago when dad and I talked to Mark Smiley on the phone, he asked if I had rock climbing shoes.  I told him I do, but I'm outgrowing them, so I was about to get a new pair.  He mentioned that he has a La Sportiva sponsorship and said he could get me a free pair of shoes.  I was looking at Sportivas anyway, so he requested a pair of Mythos rock shoes for me.

When they were delivered yesterday, we realized they had sent me a pair of the Solutions, which are actually better!  I can't wait to try them out!

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment