Monday, September 9, 2013

Nights 249 and 250

Hi and welcome back!

Greetings to the new reader from 
Azerbaijan!

My birthday is tomorrow so yesterday as an early birthday present my parents gave me a slackline. A slackline is a little like a tightrope, but it's about two inches wide and it's not as tight. It came with a training line that you put above the slackline and hold onto to make it a little easier. After my hike today and after school I went on it. I have a feeling that this weekend when I don't have school I'm going to spend most of my time on it because it's so much fun.

Also yesterday our family went for a bike ride. We rode along a river on which people go whitewater rafting, but for some reason we didn't see any rafters.



We didn't see bears here, either
Taking a Picture by the River

At one point we saw a single track path that led to a little beach along the river. There we had some snacks and relaxed. 



When were about to leave J.A.C. found a rusted old railroad spike (the path we took was in between the river and railroad tracks) and kept it.


Thanks for reading!



2 comments:

  1. Many happy returns for your birthday mate. Just one question. With seeing bears so close to where you are,what precautions do you take? I assume you dont take snacks into your tent at night?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting again Hunsta!

    Like you said I don't keep an food or snacks in the tent but I also keep a multitool or a pocket knife in the tent at all times.

    LRC

    ReplyDelete