Sunday, September 15, 2013

Nights 255 and 256

Hi and welcome back!

On Thursday evening, it poured a few hours before bedtime.  Because I hadn't guyed out the back and front of the fly, it was up against the mesh of my tent, which let some of the water through the fly and into the tent.  Dad and I weren't home for most of the time it rained, but thankfully my mom noticed that it was about to storm and brought my sleeping bags in.

When I got home and went out to check the tent, there was a large puddle on the floor.  My hat and sleeping pads were soaked, so I wrung out the hat and put everything on the outside of the tent to dry (at that point it was clear and windy).  When I went out to sleep, the sleeping pad and hat were better but still wet.

I still made myself wear the hat to sleep, and unfortunately it was pretty chilly overnight.  I already had a little bit of a cold, and I woke up on Friday with a cough, too.

Yesterday a few of my friends and I went rock climbing and zip lining.  We had to climb up the rock tower, which was more than 30 feet tall, to get to the zip line.  The zip line went about 100 yards from the top of the tower to the other end of the line.

They also had some slacklines where we went.  My friend C.S. (you might remember him as the one who climbed to the top of the tallest tree in our back yard), who I don't think had ever been on a slackline before, was able to walk all the way across without a training line. He even jumped from one line to another and kept his balance!

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment