Thursday, November 21, 2013

Nights 322 and 323

Hi and welcome back!

Monday night: 44 degrees
Tuesday morning: 38 degrees
Tuesday night: 31 degrees
Wednesday morning: 26 degrees

bivvy shelter
On Monday night, since I didn't have a tent, I slept in my bivvy shelter.  That night instead of having the slick side of my sleeping pad facing up, I put it down so the sleeping bag would stay on it.

At about 1:00 I woke up outside of the bivvy with my sleeping pad still underneath me.  No matter what I try, it seems like if I use that pad I'll end up outside of the shelter.

Tuesday night I had the replacement tent from L.L. Bean, but didn't have it up in time for bed, so I slept in the bivvy again.  It was pretty windy, and as you can see it was about 10 degrees colder than Monday.  There are spots on the shelter where the fabric is loose, and when the wind blows it can be pretty loud. Also, there was some wind from the east again, and even though I cinched it down all the way, it would blow right in my sleeping bag.  That was pretty horrible.  It took me a long time to fall asleep.

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment