Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Nights 307 and 308

Hi and welcome back!

Sunday night: 33 degrees
Monday morning: 34 degrees
Monday night: 28 degrees
Tuesday morning: 33 degrees

When I started posting the temperatures, I forgot to tell you that I've noticed the morning temperatures are usually 5-10 degrees warmer in the tent than it is outside.  I think this is because the tent itself traps heat that is escaping from the sleeping bag.

Looking East Before Sunrise
On Sunday night my dad slept out with me.  We zipped the two 20 degree bags together, and it was the perfect temperature for that night.

This is my first post since Daylight Savings Time ended.  That means it's been a lot easier falling asleep and waking up.  For those of you who don't live in a country with Daylight Savings Time, we turn our clocks ahead one hour in the spring and turn them back again in the fall.  That means it gets lighter earlier in the morning (sunrise today was about 6:30 a.m.), but it gets darker earlier in the evening (it set at about 4:45 tonight).

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment