Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Nights 314 and 315

Hi and welcome back!

Sunday night: 44 degrees
Monday morning: 32 degrees
Monday night: 45 degrees
Tuesday morning: 36 degrees

Last night I woke up around 3:00 in the morning.  My watch said it was about 35 degrees inside the tent, and it was raining, so I thought there might be some snow.  I stuck my head outside, and sure enough there was a mixture of snow and rain coming down!  That lasted for about four hours, but unfortunately it didn't amount to anything.

The other day I was in a rush to post, and I forgot to tell you that even though I wasn't using it on Sunday, the Polaris was in our yard pitched but not staked down.  While I was at my soccer game, my mom called to tell me that it blew into the new tent and put a small hole in the fly!  I looked at it when I got home, and thankfully it was just a slice about an inch long.  We got a patch for it, and it won't be a big deal.

Later on Sunday I was going out to take the Polaris down and put it away, and a huge gust of wind picked it up and blew over the house!  It landed safely in the grass in the front yard and I took it down for good.  At one point, as it was blowing over the roof, I was really afraid it would get stuck between the chimney and the dormers on the front of the house.  It didn't, though.
Steck-Salathe Route, Yosemite

By the way, my dad got an email from Mark Smiley today that he's almost done with his video for our Royal Arches climb!  I'm so excited.  I've decided that if it comes out on a Friday or Saturday I'm going to stay up all night watching it over and over.

Also, I subscribe to Mark and Janelle's video release emails, and I got one today about the video for their Steck-Salathe climb in Yosemite.  Mark sent us a link to the video about a week ago and it's really good.  When they get it on their site I'll be sure to tell you.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment