Thursday, July 25, 2013

Nights 204 and 205

Hi and welcome back!

On Monday while I was at soccer camp it poured here and the fly wasn't on my tent. As soon as I got home I quickly put the fly on, but since it was dark I didn't see how much water was in it.

When I went out later and turned on my headlamp, I saw that there was a half inch deep puddle that was about 1 foot by 2 feet. Thankfully I had brought out a towel so I was able to sop some of it up. Of course, my sleeping bag's exterior was soaked, but thankfully the inside was just damp so I was able to stay warm.


Stinky Beagle
I woke up in the middle of the night when this smelly and hairy thing came into my tent!  When I woke up and turned my headlamp on I saw Maisy whimpering in the vestibule. Once I smelled her I realized that she had been sprayed by a skunk!

I pushed her out of my tent and watched her go inside. When I went inside on Tuesday morning my dad said that around 1:30 Maisy had come inside and he had to give her a bath.

Yesterday when my dad and I hiked it was only about 55 degrees out, so I wore pants and a t-shirt. I was thinking about how weird it is that if it was that temperature right after the cold snap last winter I would have worn shorts and been sweating!

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment