Sunday, July 7, 2013

Nights 183 and 184

Hi and welcome back!

On Wednesday night I woke up around 11:45 to find that even though it didn't rain, everything was wet. All of the sleeping bags (including the one that I was in) were especially wet. Thankfully the 40 degree bag's inside was dry for the most part so that's what I moved into. I'm pretty sure it was a particularly heavy dew that night, and because I wasn't using a groundcloth, some of it got inside the tent.



Reading in the Tree
The other day I also rigged up a harness in the big pine tree in our backyard and hung out there reading for a bit.  I was only about 15 feet off the ground, but it was fun to have a different place to read.

On Thursday night I was able to see some fireworks that some people down the road from us were setting off. I just rolled my sleeping out on the grass and watched them from there.  Whenever they weren't setting them off I would look at the stars and spot constellations.


Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment