Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Nights 202 and 203


Hi and welcome back!

On Sunday night my mom slept out with me. I remembered her being soft from when she slept out in the winter, but I didn't remember just how soft. She brought out a comforter, 2 pillows, and a flannel lined sleeping bag. She slept on the sleeping bag with the comforter over top of her. There was a hole in the mesh so she was worried all night about being eaten alive by the bugs.

On Monday my mom, my brother, my sister, my grandparents and I went to Bushkill Falls in the Pocono Mountains. I had read about it weeks ago in Backpacker Magazine. They said that it was a 2 mile loop that took you past 8 waterfalls.


I was a little disappointed because since my little brother was with us, we only did the second shortest route which was a 45 minute hike  (The map said that the 2 mile loop took 2 hours and 45 minutes).  We only got to go past the Main Falls. The Main Falls were about 200 feet tall and we took a bridge system that went from the bottom of the waterfall to the top. Even though I didn't get to see all of the waterfalls, I still had a lot of fun.

Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment