Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Nights 356 - 358 - 7 nights to go!

Happy Holidays!

Sunday night: 43 degrees
Monday morning: 44 degrees
Monday night: 36 degrees
Tuesday morning: 28 degrees
Tuesday night: 21 degrees
Wednesday morning: 14 degrees



Powerline View
Tuesday morning, dad, Maisy, and I got up early (we left about 6:00) to hike to Knife Edge on the Appalachian Trail.  I took my GoPro and makeshift chest harness to get some footage.  I should have the video done by the end of the week. 

For Christmas my grandfather did a sketch of Sir Edmund Hilary for me.  I'll include a picture of it tomorrow.



 
Maisy
I usually get cold feet in the tent, because my feet hang off of the pad that provides insulation.  For Christmas I got a pair of Baffin down booties, which I've wanted for awhile.  I also got an actual GoPro chest mount.

One of the biggest surprises, though, was last night--it snowed without anyone really expecting it!  We had close to 2" after just a few hours of heavy snow.  



Traversing Knife Edge

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment