Monday, December 23, 2013

Nights 353-355 - 10 nights to go!

Hi and welcome back!

Thursday night: 32 degrees
Friday morning: 29 degrees
Friday night: 34 degrees
Saturday morning: 33 degrees
Saturday night: 35 degrees
Sunday morning: 49 degrees


I have two big things to tell you about today!


Bill McKibben
First, the other day I had a comment on the blog from Bill McKibben!  Bill is a writer and professor who started a website called 350.org to tell people about reducing the amount of carbon in the atmosphere.  It was really nice of him to visit my blog, and I hope he comes back again!




Being Interviewed
Second, this afternoon my dad got an email from Mark Smiley that a syndicated TV show called RightThisMinute contacted the people at EpicTV (where Mark posts his climbing videos) and asked about interviewing me about the Royal Arches climb.  EpicTV contacted Mark, and Mark emailed us.  An hour later, I was on Skype talking to the people at RightThisMinute for tomorrow's episode!

To be honest, I don't remember what they asked me, because I was so nervous.  I'm excited to be able to see it tomorrow, and when I post I'll link to it.



Homemade Chest Harness
Tomorrow my dad and I are going to do Knife Edge in the morning, and maybe we'll get to see the sun rise from there.  I'm thinking about making a video with my GoPro, so I used some of my webbing to improvise a chest harness for it.

Over the last few days it's been warm and rainy, so almost all of the snow is gone.  Tonight it's supposed to cool off, though, so at least we'll have a cold Christmas even if it's not a white one.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment