Thursday, January 24, 2013

Night 23



It was another c-o-l-d night in the tent last night!  Like most nights, I went out early to read a bit before bed.  Right now I'm reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

It was hard to sleep last night because I just couldn't wait to hike in the morning (even though it was supposed to be single digits) so I could wear my new green Marmot three in one jacket.

Dad fell asleep inside while he was watching t.v. last night and didn't come out until almost 1:00.  I have a feeling he was just putting off coming out in the cold.  Maybe he's softer than I thought.

The instant that dad's alarm went off in the tent I scrambled out of my sleeping bag only to find dad half-awake hitting the snooze button on his alarm. While hitting the snooze button he said "L___ get back in your sleeping bag. I don't want to get up quite yet."

After about five minutes of trying to persuade dad to get up he finally did. Once he went inside to get dressed to hike I huddled in my tent trying to get my down jacket on over my t-shirt and then my new jacket on over that. The night before I had asked my mom if I could wear her mittens to hike (because my gloves weren't quite warm enough) and thankfully she said "yes". So there I was just able to put one foot in front of the other and push on into the cold and the mittens are working like a charm.

Thanks again for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment