Friday, January 25, 2013

Night 24



Hi and welcome back!

Last night I had some trouble falling asleep, because I could hear a coyote's faint howl in the distance. The howl became progressively louder and started to drive me crazy! I ended up falling asleep about half an hour later than I wanted to because of the coyotes.

I have never actually seen a coyote, but I hear them often enough that I know that they live on the hill. I hope that some day I will see a coyote.

This morning was the coldest morning yet. I'm really bummed out, because it was so cold that my dad somehow convinced me to not hike. He told me that if we hiked later we would get to hike in the snow (because it was supposed to start this afternoon).  Due to my dad being so soft, now we have to hike this evening, which I am not a fan of, because I always like to see the sunrise. Here's a picture of the sun coming up that I took this morning before school.

No matter whether it snows overnight or not, I always get snow in my hair when I'm getting dressed in the morning.  It turns out that the condensation buildup from our breath becomes frost on the inside of the tent every night.  It makes it interesting to get out of bed in the morning!

We're off to hike in the snow now. So far we have about two inches on the ground, and it's still coming down.


1 comment:

  1. Keep it up, LRC. You know how I feel about seeing a coyote
    You ROCK

    ReplyDelete