Thursday, October 17, 2013

Nights 287 and 288

The Smileys on Mount Fairweather
Hi and welcome back!

On Tuesday Mark and Janelle Smiley realesed their Mt. Fairweather video. They showed us a preview when we were in Yosemite, and I have been waiting for it to come out for a while.  It has been worth the wait! I think that it is one of their best videos.

Also on Tuesday my mom and I hiked together. At the edge of the yard Maisy was really pulling my mom, so my mom started to run with her. That gave me the idea to run up the hill.

I don't like running much (especially half a mile up a hill), but I thought it would be interesting to see if I could do it. I made it up in 6 minutes and 26 seconds, which is a new record! I was waiting on top for about another 4 minutes until my mom made it up and we then continued our hike.

Thanks for reading!


2 comments:

  1. I have a tent that I bought in 1976, that I've spent many, many nights in and have let it set up for months (in the climber's camp in Yosemite, Camp 4) that is so fragile and crinkly that I can't believe it doesn't just disintegrate every time I set it up. You're going to have a lot of tents in your life, LRC, but I'm sure you'll remember that one fondly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mark! I'm amazed that a tent would be able to survive that long--especially in Camp 4! Speaking of Camp 4, have you ever climbed Midnight Lightning? Dad and I went to see it when we were in Yosemite, but there wasn't anybody on it. So where are you now?

    ReplyDelete