Friday, October 11, 2013

Nights 281 and 282

Hi and welcome back!

Welcome to the new reader from Denmark!

It's been wet and warm lately.  I think at some point in each of the last few evenings it's at least drizzled at some point overnight.

On Tuesday night, as I was staking out one of the guy lines, the tent fabric ripped a bit where the line attached to the fly.  The UV light has thinned the nylon so much that it is starting to tear easily.  I also think being wet makes it more prone to ripping.

I'm a little afraid that the tent will literally fall apart before the end of the year.  It's not the tent's fault.  That's what being exposed to sunlight for almost 300 days has done to it.  I hope it holds up!

Since this is kind of a short post, I thought I would have a trivia question.  Mark and Janelle Smiley are almost done with their 50 Classic Climbs project.  Does anyone know where the list of 50 Classic Climbs of North America came from?

Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment