Saturday, March 29, 2014

Climbing Wall Prototypes


Hi and welcome back!

Our friend who is going to build me a rock wall made a prototype and sent us some pictures.

I think he did a really great job, and I can't wait to get started with building it.  It looks like it could have anything from a slightly overhanging wall to a roof to a dihedral.  I'm so excited to give it a try!

He said that if we have any other ideas about the wall, we can make changes.  If anyone who has a wall has any tips or suggestions, we'd love to hear them.  We were talking about making it 10~15' tall, too.  Although we need to figure out if we're going to use crash pads, a toprope, or something else to protect against falls.  We'll have to see.  Anyway, it looks like we should have this ready to go this summer!


I realized a little while ago that I never answered the trivia question I posted about the first American to climb all the 8,000 meter peaks.  It was Ed Viesturs!

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is going to be nice!
    If you make it so tall that you need a rope, you won't be able to climb on it alone, you'll have to have someone to belay you. I would suggest making it no higher than you are willing to fall from (10 feet) onto a crash pad.
    I think you'll get much more use out of it if you can just go out and get on it whenever the feeling strikes you.

    ReplyDelete